Nothing will spice up weekday dinners like cumin, paprika, curry,…and let’s break up the dinnertime boredom.
This recipe combines the ancient with the modern and take you down the path to losing yourself in the exotic flavors of INDIA.
Get adventurous and try creamy chicken dish with a bit of Indian flare in your kitchen…
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 -1 1/2pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into chunks about 1 inches
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 large yellow skinned onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 1/2 Tbsp. curry powder,
1 tsp. Turmeric
1 tsp. Cumin
2 Tbsp. Paprika
1/2 tsp. chili powder
salt (if necessary, depends on your chicken broth that you use)
1 Tbsp. flour
1 cup heavy cream
¼ cup tomato sauce
2 cups basmati rice, prepared according to package directions
• Heat olive oil in a large, deep nonstick skillet over medium high heat
• Add garlic and onions; Sauté together for 3 minutes.
• Add the chicken and stir-fry for about 5 minutes so that the chicken is browned
• Add the curry powder, paprika, turmeric and chili powder and stir-fry until fragrant.
• Add flour and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
• Add chicken broth and tomato sauce to the pan and bring to a boil.
• Reduce heat to low and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
• Add heavy cream and bring it to a boil again.
• Cover and simmer over low heat for about 12- 15 minutes
• Taste it and adjust the seasoning if desired. Add a little salt, if you feel it necessary.
Serve with rice and Nan.